Bananas are highly rich in Vitamins & Minerals, which help keep us fit and healthy.
Sugars such as sucrose, fructose and glucose found in bananas give an instant, sustained and substantial boost of energy.
During a long period of exercises our body loses lots of vitamins and minerals, and a banana is best to replace these nutrients as well as it gives us the energy we need.
Two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout, therefore, popular with the world's leading athletes.
Bananas are also great for an energy boost if eaten about an hour before going gym or before any other physical activities.
Since bananas have the ability to provide instant energy, sportsmen eat bananas during breaks of games.
Bananas may be one of the best fruits to eat when attempting to lose weight as one banana having a weight of 100g contains roughly 90 calories and full of nutrients for increased energy and vitality.
At the same time, bananas are useful for weight gain too. Banana when consumed with milk helps in increasing the weight speedily.
Use bananas to soften & hydrate your skin.
Banana peel or skin soothes and cools the skin after an allergic response and can help reduce the outbreak of rashes.
Bananas are popular all over the world for its anti wrinkle properties. Smearing a banana mixture on your skin allows the facial pores to regain the lost moisture.
The inside of the banana peel can be used to soothe the skin and reduce acne and pimples.
The antioxidants & vitamins in the bananas can help restore collagen in the skin and so are useful to help your skin maintain a younger look.
Continuously use of banana as an anti aging agent shows remarkable improvement in skin texture and aging lines.
Mashed banana with a little honey is useful cure cracks or dry skin on your elbows, knees or feet.
Banana peels can be used to cover up a wart and provide relief from skin irritation.
The inside of the banana peel has been used to treat psoriasis for many years.
Banana pulp can provide pain relief from minor burns and other wounds.
Mixtures of mashed banana with an egg, little milk and some water give more shine and moisture to dry hair.
With the regular use of bananas with honey can increase the moisture content of your hair, smooth frizz, and soothe your itchy scalp and dandruff immensely.
Bananas with yogurt are useful for hair loss as well as improve the condition and texture of your hair.
If you are suffering from dry eyes. Eating a banana every day can be very useful for you.
Three or more servings of banana per day may lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), the primary cause of vision loss in older adults.
Taiwanese researchers found that a banana's peel is rich in lutein and an additional nutrient, serotonin, which may help in regenerating damaged retinal cells.
Fiber present in banana help restore a normal bowel function.
Pectin, a soluble fiber (also known as Hydro-colloid) present in bananas can help normalize movement through the digestive tract & ease constipation.
- A study on animals, researchers found that fresh bananas protected the animals' stomachs from wounds.
Regularly use of banana stem in cooking is also beneficial in piles.
Bananas have long been recognized for their antacid effects that protect against stomach ulcers and ulcer damage.
- Banana contains protease inhibitors that help eliminate bacteria in the stomach that have been pinpointed as a primary cause of ulcers.
Bananas stimulate the cells on the internal stomach lining to produce a thicker mucus that protects against acid.
- The potassium in bananas helps to combat sodium, which is a big no-no for high blood pressure.
Since bananas are relatively high in iron, helps stimulate the growth of hemoglobin in the body, which can help with anemia.
- Potassium present in banana also help against heart disease.
Bananas have a natural antacid effect, so if you are suffering from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
- According to a study done by 'The New England Journal of Medicine' found that eating bananas as part of a regular diet can reduce the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%
- A study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine confirms that eating high fiber foods, such as bananas, helps prevent heart disease.
Bananas help normalize the heartbeat and regulate the water balance of the body.
Bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
Lutein found in Banana peel or skin is helpful ease depression.
- According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana.
- Serotonin present in banana has a calming effect on the brain and acts as a mild sedative.
- Bananas supply potassium to the brain, that helps to keep oxygen levels normalized and also promoting strong signals between cells.
Research proved that potassium in bananas helped to increase their mental alertness and boost brain power.
Potassium and Vitamin B6 found in bananas are good for calm your hangover.
- The potassium found in bananas may also help promote bone health.
Probiotic bacteria present in banana help in absorbing calcium and increase the digestive ability.
Bananas are an exceptionally rich source of fructooligosaccharide, a compound that nourishes probiotic (friendly bacteria) in the colon.
- Banana minimizes the loss of calcium from the body and thereby reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- A fully ripe banana produces a substance known as TNF that has anti-cancer properties.
- In an animal experiment carried out in Tokyo, which compared the various health benefits of different fruits, including bananas, grapes, apples, water melons, pineapples, pears and persimmons, it was found that bananas gave the best results.
- Burnt banana leaves mixed with honey can reduce your hiccups instantly.
- Vitamin B present in a banana helps calm you down if you suffer from nervousness.
- In Thailand pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.
- Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoids morning sickness.
- The high levels of vitamin B6 present in bananas helps to regulate blood glucose levels that affect the moods and pains of women suffering PMS.
One banana flower, cooked and combined with a cup of curd can help slow your menstrual blood flow.
- Bananas are part of the BRAT (Banana, Rice, Applesauce & Toast - diet order for stomach illness), a diet many physicians and nurses recommend for children recovering from gastrointestinal problems, particularly diarrhea.
Bananas are good for babies, too. Bananas are easy to digest because they have no fat and very few babies are allergic to bananas.
Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. Bananas are full of Vitamins B6 & B12 as well as potassium & magnesium. These substances help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Many people report that rubbing the inside of a banana peel on a mosquito bite is very effective in reducing, itching and swelling.
If you have a rash from poison ivy, poison oak or sumac, you can rub the peel over the rash until its gone.
Potassium in bananas also is good for cramping, allowing the body’s muscle to more freely contract and expand. This is especially important for the athletic.
A normal intake of potassium suppresses calcium excretion in the urine and minimizes the risk of kidney stones.Also published at Hubpages
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Posted by Thaman Chhetri at 6:05 PM